London's biggest art festival VAULT takes over Waterloo
Running until 18 March, VAULT will bring an array of both underground and established talent to Waterloo
- By Max Williams -
Imagine Edinburgh Fringe crammed into a cavernous space beneath Waterloo Station and you have an idea of VAULT, the arts festival that is quite literally underground.
Since its 2012 launch, VAULT has grown in both numbers and stature, with an estimated 50,000 people attending the festival last year.
The 2018 edition will see more than 300 shows take residency until 18 March, as a little space in Waterloo plays host to a two-months celebration of the new, the inventive, and the downright surreal.
- · Neverland (24 January-18 March)
- · Bridget Christie-Work In Progress (31 January-28 February)
- · Margaret Thatcher-Queen Of Soho (14 February-25 February)
- · House Of Burlesque: Lock In (9 & 10 February)
- · Jamali Maddix Work In Progress (21 February)
- · Trump The Musical (21 February-25 February)
- · The Vagina Dialogues (14 February-18 February)
After the show has finished, grab some food and drink at the bar, take in some live music, or simply explore the unique escape – you're guaranteed to find something to keep yourself entertained.
Get a taster of the 2017 festival below.